Emma Watson Facebook

Emma Watson says threats made by Internet trolls to release naked photos of her last year were not only empty, but made her so much more determined to keep speaking out about feminism and gender equality.

 and live-action Beauty and the Beast star is an advocate of the HeForShe campaign and a U.N. Women Goodwill Ambassador. She made headlines last September when she gave a powerful, emotional speech at the United Nations about feminism. Days after her appearance, a website popped up with a countdown, threatening the release of naked pics of the star. It never happened.

Emma

She talked about the cruel prank on Sunday in a HeForShe webcast, in which she answered fans' questions, to mark International Women's Day. The sit-down took place in London and was posted on her Facebook page,  which is liked by more than 30 million people.

Emma Watson: I Was 'raging' After Hoax Website Targeted Me

I knew it was a hoax. I knew the pictures didn't exist, she told the male interviewer. But I think a lot of people that were close to me knew gender equality was an issue but they didn't really think it was that urgent or particularly, you know, 'We live in Great Britain, this is a thing of that past'....and then when they saw that the minute I stepped up and talked about women's rights, I was immediately threatened—I mean, in less than 12 hours I was receiving threats—and I think they were really shocked and particularly one of my brothers was very upset.

So I think it was just a wake-up call of, 'Oh, this is like a real thing, it's really happening now. Like now.' Women are receiving threats in all sorts of different forms. That was just one specific one, she said, adding, If anything, it made me so much more determined. I was just raging. it made me so angry that I was just like...'This is why I have to be doing this!' So if anything, it actually, if they were trying to put me off it, they did the opposite.

During the chat, she also talked about gender inequality in the workplace, telling a fan, Argh, just don't let anyone tell you what you can and cannot do or can and cannot achieve. Just don't allow it. Just do not allow it. It's wrong. It's so wrong. Be whatever you want to be.

Manchester United Fc Facebook Cover Photo

In January, she dished out inspirational advice to a fans on Twitter, including one who said her father told her should couldn't become an engineer because the professional was for men.

I love having the door opened for me, she said. Isn't that just polite? Isn't that just a nice thing to do for someone else?...But I think the key is, would you then mind if I opened the door for you?

Emma

She said she recently treated a man to dinner at one of her favorite restaurants and that it evening was awkward, adding, But the cool thing about it was that we were both willing to have the conversation about why it was awkward, why it was uncomfortable. We were able to have this dialogue.

Emma Watson Says She Felt 'p**** Off And Had To Step Away From Life' In Candid Post

Watson said she told him that next time, he would choose the restaurant and he would either pay or they would split the check.Watson, 27, asked her 34 million Facebook followers to help hunt down three silver rings she lost at London’s Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park.

The Harry Potter actress said she accidentally left the items in a locker after receiving treatment, and that security failed to find them on checking later that evening.

Emma

Watson posted a lengthy appeal where she described one of the rings, which was from her mother, as her “most meaningful and special possession”.

Who Is Brandon Green?

She posted: “On Sunday afternoon I went for a treatment at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel Spa in Hyde Park, London. Before my appointment I removed 3 silver rings from my fingers and put them in the safe inside the locker. When I left, I forgot to take my rings from the safe. When I got home I realised the rings were not on my hands and I called the spa, but at this time the spa was closed.

“Security checked the safe and said there was nothing in it but that the spa would be open again in the morning and they could speak to them then and see if they had them or if anyone had handed them in.”

All

She continued: “As of now they are missing. Were these just any rings I could accept this, but one of them was a gift from my Mum. She bought it the day after I was born and wore it for 18 years, never taking it off, and then gave it to me for my 18th birthday. I wear this ring everyday, it is my most meaningful and special possession.”

Emma Watson Shuts Down Rumors About

The actress promised there would be “no questions asked” if someone handed them back to her, and finished by posting details of an email account she has set up in an attempt to be reunited with the items.

A spokesperson for the Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park told Online: “The matter is in the hands of the relevant authorities and we are doing all we can to support them with their enquiries.”

Sexual

5% off all bookings with this Travelodge discount code £50 off 2024 bookings over £800 with this TUI discount code Up to 25% off + Extra 10% off with this Barceló discount code 30% off & free next day delivery - Samsung student discount Fibre broadband packages from only £25 at Virgin Media

Actress And Activist Emma Watson Joins The Board Of Gucci Owner Kering