Emma Watson Movies And Tv Shows 2023

After the Harry Potter series came to an end in 2011, Emma Watson continued her acting career and has since nabbed tons of notable roles.

“I played a symbol. I know this, because she’s a symbol for me, ” the actress told Vogue in 2019 about playing Hermione Granger since her childhood, noting that she’s “not” the famous witch in real life. “I’m also not what, weirdly, my name has come to mean. Even people that are really close to me sometimes can’t let it go. Or see just me. And then sometimes I have to go, ‘No, no – I need exactly what you need. I’m just as human as you are. I’m just as insecure as you are. I struggle just as much as you struggle.’”

Emma

. While her tenure as Hermione has been over for years, Emma is still drawn toward strong female protagonists, like Belle from Beauty and the Beast or Meg March in Little Women.

Emma Watson Net Worth: How Much Did She Make For Harry Potter? Beauty And The Beast?

. “Louisa [May Alcott] had a lot of sisters in real life, but I think also she kind of put a little piece of herself into all of the March sisters. I think it was a really good literary device to explain that there’s not one way to be a feminist – which we still seem to be struggling with.”

The Brown University graduate added, “With Meg’s character, her way of being a feminist is making the choice — because that’s really, for me anyway, what feminism is about. Her choice is that she wants to be a full-time mother and wife. To Jo, being married is really some sort of prison sentence. But Meg says, ‘You know, I love him and I’m really happy and this is what I want. And just because my dreams are different from yours, it doesn’t mean they’re unimportant.’”

While she hasn’t taken on that many new projects, it doesn’t mean Emma has plans to retire from Hollywood any time soon. After a rumor started circling that she was headed for retirement, the actress was quick to set the record straight.

I Felt A Bit Caged,

“Emma’s social media accounts are dormant but her career isn’t, ” her rep told Entertainment Weekly in a February 2021 statement, making it clear that she’s not going anywhere.

“For me, getting involved with the creative side of the gin has been fun because I have a voice and I can bring everything that I’ve learnt to help. Alex is the expert on gin, and dad is the expert on wine, but it’s really nice to be asked to be involved, ” she told the outlet in April 2023.

. I was worried it was just technical, not creative, and I couldn’t bring what I think is probably my skill set. It was only Alex coming to me with this, and friends asking for favors – ‘I need to do a photo shoot’ or ‘I’m making a video’ – that made me realize I actually know quite a lot about that. Being a director seemed unattainable. I don’t think I had any confidence in that. I know it seems weird. I mean, I grew up on a film set.”Copyright © 2023, Los Angeles Times | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | CA Notice of Collection | Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Can Emma Watson Be Taken Seriously As A “bad Girl”?

In an interview with the Financial Times, the “Harry Potter” alum explained why she retreated from the spotlight after working on the Oscar-winning film alongside Florence Pugh, Saoirse Ronan, Laura Dern and filmmaker Greta Gerwig.

Emma

“I think I felt a bit caged. The thing I found really hard was that I had to go out and sell something that I really didn’t have very much control over.”

In particular, the 33-year-old actor and activist seemed to take issue with how she was expected to promote the projects to which she was attached. Prior to “Little Women, ” Watson starred in two other high-profile adaptations: “The Circle” and Disney’s live-action remake of “Beauty and the Beast.” The latter especially required Watson to participate in an extensive worldwide press tour.

Best Emma Watson Best Movies (that Aren't Harry Potter), According To Letterboxd

“To stand in front of a film and have every journalist be able to say, ‘How does this align with your viewpoint?’ It was very difficult to have to be the face and the spokesperson for things where I didn’t get to be involved in the process, ” she continued.

“I was held accountable in a way that I began to find really frustrating, because I didn’t have a voice, I didn’t have a say. And I started to [realize] that I only wanted to stand in front of things where if someone was going to give me flak about it, I could say, in a way that didn’t make me hate myself, ‘Yes, I screwed up, it was my decision, I should have done better.’”

-

In the same day, Seth Rogen first amplified and then clarified a rumor about his “This Is the End” costar Emma Watson’s behavior on set back in 2012.

Emma Watson Net Worth 2023: Movie Career Income Cars Age Bf

Despite her recent qualms about the profession, Watson told the Financial Times she “absolutely” intends to act again — but she’s “happy to sit and wait for the next right thing” to come along. In a follow-up interview with the publication, the performer confirmed that she is set to begin shooting a movie next year.

“I love what I do, ” she said. “It’s finding a way to do it where I don’t have to fracture myself into different faces and people. And I just don’t want to switch into robot mode any more. Does that make sense?”

During her acting hiatus, Watson has launched a French-inspired gin brand, Renais, with her younger brother and directed an advertising campaign she wrote for Prada. Her first foray into directing was a “very” big deal for her, according to the Financial Times.

Emma

Emma Watson And Brandon Green Breakup 2023

“I was worried it was just technical, not creative, and I couldn’t bring what I think is probably my skill set. ... Being a director seemed unattainable. I don’t think I had any confidence in that. I know it seems weird. I mean, I grew up on a film set.”

Christi Carras is an entertainment reporter at the Los Angeles Times. She was previously a Times intern after graduating from UCLA and has also worked at Variety, the Hollywood Reporter and CNN.