Emma Watson Husband Photo

While Harry Potter ’s Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy were enemies on screen, real-life actors Emma Watson and Tom Felton couldn’t be closer in real life! So just what went down between the former child actors? Keep reading to find out everything we know about Emma and Tom’s relationship status. 

Emma was 9 and Tom was only 12 years old when they first walked into auditions for the first movie of the franchise, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone , which debuted in theaters in 2001. 

Emma

“There was a definite Gryffindor/Slytherin divide in the early days, ” Tom reminisced of the early days on set, in an excerpt shared by Insider. “Two cliques that kept their distance from each other, largely because we didn’t spend that much time working together.”

Meet Jacqueline Luesby, Emma Watson's Mom Who Never 'babied' Her

Both Emma and Tom went on to star in all eight films over a ten-year period: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets , Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban , Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire , Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix , Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows , parts I and II. The last film was released in 2011.

In his memoir, which was released on October 18, the Harry Potter actor recalled a time he felt “ashamed” for mocking a 9-year-old Emma’s dance moves. “We were just being s—ty boys, largely out of awkwardness and because we thought taking the piss was cool, but Emma was visibly upset by our thoughtless reaction, ” he wrote. “I did apologize and Emma accepted my apology.” 

Following their time as kids, fans have wondered if Tom and Emma were ever involved romantically. In 2011, Emma further ignited the rumors after she admitted in an interview with Seventeen magazine that she “had a huge crush on” Tom while they filmed the first two movies in 2001 and 2002. 

Emma Watson Wants 'long Term Future' With Boyfriend Leo Robinton

During HBO Max’s Harry Potter 20th reunion special, which debuted in January, the Little Women actress also revealed the extent of her childhood crush, as she admitted she use to look for Tom’s name on the call sheet every day during production. 

In a special foreword for Tom’s Book shared by People , touching on their current relationship, The Perks of Wallflower actress penned she “always struggle(d) to explain to people the nature of our connection and relationship” as what they have is “far deeper.”

“For the first two movies, I had a huge crush on Tom Felton. He was my first crush, ” she told Seventeen in 2011. “He totally knows. We talked about it — we still laugh about it. We are really good friends now, and that’s cool.”

Harry Potter' Reunion: Emma Watson And Tom Felton Love Each Other

“It’s always nice to bump into her, see her at the beach, or over dinner, or whatever, ” the In Secret actor gushed to the Daily Mail in November 2019. “She’s an incredibly smart and lovely young lady, so it’s always nice to bump into each other and slightly reminisce about old times but also about looking forward to the future.”

“I think really the truth of it was Tom was the one I could often be more vulnerable with, ” Emma said during the 20th Anniversary Special on HBO Max. “Nothing has ever, ever, ever happened romantically with us. We just love each other. That’s all I can say about that.” 

“I became very protective over her, yeah, ” the British actor shared during the HBO Max production. “I’ve always had a soft spot for her and that continues to the day… There’s always been something that’s like, I don’t know, a kinship.”

Who

Emma Watson, 'self Partnering' And The Rise Of Marriage For One

In the foreword for Tom’s new book, Emma penned a special note for her former costar whom she’s loved in a “special way” for 20 years.

“I’ve lost count of the times that people have said to me, ‘You must have drunkenly made out, just once!’ ‘You must have kissed!’ ‘There must be something!'” the Beauty and the Beast actress wrote in an excerpt shared by People. “Like Tom, I always struggle to explain to people the nature of our connection and relationship… For more than 20 years now we’ve loved each other in a special way.”

“It’s one of the purest loves I can think of. We’re soulmates, and we’ve always had each other’s backs. I know we always will. It makes me emotional to think about it, ” she went on.

Emma Watson Gets Seal Of Approval From New Beau's Family

 “You know that person in your life who makes you feel seen? That person who is somehow a witness to all that unfolds?” the British actress detailed. “That person who knows – really knows – what is happening to you and what you’re going through, without anything having to be said? For me, that person is Tom Felton.”

“I’ve grown to understand with the passing of the years that of all of us, Emma had the most to deal with, the most difficult situation to negotiate, and from the earliest age, ” Tom authored in his memoir. “And the pressures she experienced went further than just having to deal with stupid boys…She was in many ways treated like an adult from the day she was cast. It’s a phenomenon that can, I think, be more difficult for girls than for boys. They are unfairly sexualized in the media and beyond.”Emma Watson has purposely kept her love life out of the public eye for years, but in May 2021, the Daily Mail reported that Watson was rumored to be engaged to Leo Robinton, her boyfriend of over one year, after the two were photographed out together on May 13, 2021. Watson spoke out against the outlet's report, saying explicitly that she is not engaged currently.

Are

Watson's statement comes after the couple was photographed together in November, where Watson gave a small hint that things were still going strong between her and her California businessman boyfriend. Robinton and Watson were photographed out in London's Primrose Hill after grabbing coffee. Both wore masks in most photos on the Daily Mail, though at one point, Robinton took his off, as seen below.

Emma Watson Calls Tom Felton Her “soulmate” In New Memoir

While Watson and Robinton were photographed out together on May 13, 2021, making it clear their relationship is still on in spring 2021, Watson shut down engagement rumors on May 17, 2021. She wrote on Twitter:

Dear Fans, Rumours about whether I’m engaged or not, or whether my career is “dormant or not” are ways to create clicks each time they are revealed to be true or untrue. If I have news—I promise I’ll share it with you. In the mean time please assume no news from me just means I’m quietly spending the pandemic the way most people are—failing to make sourdough bread (!), caring for my loved ones and doing my best not to spread a virus that is still affecting so many people. I am sending so much love to you, hoping you’re ok and as well and happy as you can be in these strange times. And again, thank you to everyone working so hard to keep us safe and well. E XxWatson and Robinton's relationship became public with a PDA photo in fall 2019.

At the end of October 2019, the Daily Mail ran photos of Watson kissing a mystery man while out at lunch in London, sparking speculation Watson had a new boyfriend. (You can see them here.)

Has Emma Watson Ever Dated Any Of Her 'harry Potter' Co Stars?

The actress spoke candidly about turning 30 to the outlet, saying, “I was like, ‘Why does everyone make such a big fuss about turning 30? This is not a big deal…’ Cut to 29, and I’m like, ‘Oh my God, I feel so stressed and anxious. And I realize it’s because there is suddenly this bloody influx of subliminal messaging around. If you have not built a home, if you do not have a husband, if you do not have a baby, and you are turning 30, and you’re not in some incredibly secure, stable place in your career, or you’re still figuring things out...there’s just this incredible amount of anxiety.”

Who

“I never believed the whole ‘I’m happy single’ spiel, ” she said. “I was like, ‘This is totally spiel.’ It took me a long time, but I’m very happy [being single]. I call it being self-partnered.”

Watson hasn't spoken about her love life since, but it would appear, based off the timeline of the interview, that whatever she and Robinton had going on when they were shot kissing was fairly new.

Emma Watson: 'trans People Deserve To Live Their Lives Without Being Questioned'

That she doesn't use dating apps, in part because of her celebrity status. “Dating apps are not on the cards for me, ” she said. “I’m very lucky in the sense that because I went to university and because I’ve done these other things outside of film, my friends are really good at setting me up. Really good. And what’s really nice is some of my best friends are people I got set up on a date with and it didn’t work out.”

Watson added that initially, she doubted she could make friends with someone she went on a first date with: “I didn’t think it was possible, ” she said, And it