Emma Watson Movies And Tv Shows Recent

Franchise, Emma Watson has accomplished the difficult feat of transitioning from child star to well-respected adult actress. She’s proven she has what it takes to rule the box office on her own with

. However, since her last movie role at the end of 2019, Emma Watson has taken a more low key approach to her acting career -- though that doesn’t mean she hasn’t been keeping busy.

-

New acting roles. Her absence from the Hollywood scene has been so notable that earlier this year, rumors began to swirl that she had retired from acting.

Birthday Special: Emma Watson's Best Style Moments Over The Years

In response, she told fans those rumors were false. If she has any news, she said, she will announce it personally. She also statted she has spent the last few months like so many others, trying her best to stay healthy during the global pandemic.

That’s not all she’s been up to, though. Emma Watson, who has made philanthropy and advocacy a big priority over the years, has taken on several interesting initiatives that speak to the issues she’s most passionate about. In addition to using her sizeable Twitter platform to recommend anti-racism materials and send love to transgender fans last summer, she also helped Women of the World announce a new project aimed at spreading awareness about women’s history in London.

Emma Watson was also working quietly behind the scenes to invest her time and money into environmental initiatives. In 2020, she joined the Board of Directors of Kering, on which she is the chair of the company’s sustainability committee (via Vogue). Just last month, she was announced as one of the donors for FabricNano, a London-based startup that aims to reduce dependence on plastics and other environmentally-harmful materials.

Why Emma Watson Temporarily Quit Acting

Though we know she’s also enjoying time with her boyfriend, Leo Robinton, Emma Watson has always been a pretty private person. That’s understandable -- navigating life in the public eye can’t be easy, especially if you’re someone as famous as she is (and she’s been doing this for nearly 20 years).

It’s good to see Emma Watson is taking the time to work on projects that speak to her, even if they’re happening off-screen. And since she made it clear that she has not chosen to retire from acting yet, if she ever chooses to take on a new film role -- or maybe even reprise one -- it seems likely she’ll still have plenty of fans behind her to support her.Copyright © 2023, Los Angeles Times | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | CA Notice of Collection | Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Emma

In an interview with the Financial Times, the “Harry Potter” alum explained why she retreated from the spotlight after working on the Oscar-winning film alongside Florence Pugh, Saoirse Ronan, Laura Dern and filmmaker Greta Gerwig.

Emma Watson, English Actress, Activist

“I think I felt a bit caged. The thing I found really hard was that I had to go out and sell something that I really didn’t have very much control over.”

In particular, the 33-year-old actor and activist seemed to take issue with how she was expected to promote the projects to which she was attached. Prior to “Little Women, ” Watson starred in two other high-profile adaptations: “The Circle” and Disney’s live-action remake of “Beauty and the Beast.” The latter especially required Watson to participate in an extensive worldwide press tour.

What

“To stand in front of a film and have every journalist be able to say, ‘How does this align with your viewpoint?’ It was very difficult to have to be the face and the spokesperson for things where I didn’t get to be involved in the process, ” she continued.

Emma Watson — The Movie Database (tmdb)

“I was held accountable in a way that I began to find really frustrating, because I didn’t have a voice, I didn’t have a say. And I started to [realize] that I only wanted to stand in front of things where if someone was going to give me flak about it, I could say, in a way that didn’t make me hate myself, ‘Yes, I screwed up, it was my decision, I should have done better.’”

In the same day, Seth Rogen first amplified and then clarified a rumor about his “This Is the End” costar Emma Watson’s behavior on set back in 2012.

-

Despite her recent qualms about the profession, Watson told the Financial Times she “absolutely” intends to act again — but she’s “happy to sit and wait for the next right thing” to come along. In a follow-up interview with the publication, the performer confirmed that she is set to begin shooting a movie next year.

Emma Watson List Of Movies And Tv Shows

“I love what I do, ” she said. “It’s finding a way to do it where I don’t have to fracture myself into different faces and people. And I just don’t want to switch into robot mode any more. Does that make sense?”

During her acting hiatus, Watson has launched a French-inspired gin brand, Renais, with her younger brother and directed an advertising campaign she wrote for Prada. Her first foray into directing was a “very” big deal for her, according to the Financial Times.

Every

“I was worried it was just technical, not creative, and I couldn’t bring what I think is probably my skill set. ... Being a director seemed unattainable. I don’t think I had any confidence in that. I know it seems weird. I mean, I grew up on a film set.”

What Is Emma Watson's Net Worth In 2023?

Christi Carras is an entertainment reporter at the Los Angeles Times. She was previously a Times intern after graduating from UCLA and has also worked at Variety, the Hollywood Reporter and CNN.