Emma Watson Religion

Noah star Emma Watson said that director Darren Aronofsky was very sensitive and mindful to the biblical story in the movie, and in the same interview shared her thoughts on a Higher Power and unifying tenants she sees in religions.

Emma Watson talking about the upcoming movie Noah in an interview with Sky News, posted on March 24, 2014. | (Photo: Sky News screenshot)

Emma

I think with any text there is always artistic licence, you're always looking at someone's specific interpretation of it, Watson told Sky News in an interview posted on Monday.

About Emma Watson

And I think Darren has tried to be very sensitive, he has tried to be very mindful. He didn't take the task lightly, it's a very inclusive piece and I think it is very true to the spirit and the themes of the biblical story.

I already, before I did the movie, I had a sense that I was more spiritual than specifically religious. I had a sense that I believed in a Higher Power, but that I was more of a Universalist, that I saw - I see that there are these unifying tenants between so many religions, and I'm really interested in those things that are more far-reaching than culture, nationality, race, religion, the British actress said.

The film, in which Watson plays Noah's adopted daughter Ila, has garnered controversy around what some Christian groups have said is an unbiblical portrayal of the flood narrative. Evangelist and filmmaker Ray Comfort has stated that is releasing his own version of the story, Noah and the Last Days, on Youtube and DVD on March 28, the same day that Aronofsky's film hits theaters.

Emma Watson Talks Faith And Spirituality Ahead Of Release Of Film 'noah'

It has also been banned in several Muslim countries for depicting Biblical figures like Noah on screen, which goes against Islamic teachings.

A disclaimer by Paramount Pictures was later attached to promotional material surrounding Noah, stating: While artistic license has been taken, we believe that this film is true to the essence, values, and integrity of a story that is a cornerstone of faith for millions of people worldwide, and directs viewers to the biblical story found in Genesis.

Other stars of the film have also defended its portrayal of biblical themes. Jennifer Connelly, who plays Noah's wife Naameh, insisted in an interview last week that it is true to the spirit of the story in the Bible.

Emma Watson Net Worth In 2023 How Rich Is She Now?

What you'll find is that the controversy that was generated [was] by people who were speculating [and] hadn't seen the film yet, for the most part. We're now getting feedback from religious leaders who have seen the film and are really embracing it and supporting it, Connelly told ABC's Good Morning America.

A lot of people think they know the story but what they recall is children's stories from Sunday school and not what the Bible says, Crowe told journalists in Rio de Janeiro, The Telegraph reported on Saturday.

This story is contained in every religious text. Noah is in the Qu'ran. People from all over the world outside of religion have flood mythology, he continued. In my eyes, Noah is just a normal man and, as he begins to realise the full weight of the task he's been given, it weighs down on him.Noah star Emma Watson, most famous for her role as Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter series, has spoken out about her own beliefs ahead of the film's US release this Friday.

Emma

Emma Watson's 'self Partnership' Shows We're In A Golden Age Of Singlehood

I had a sense that I believed in a higher power, but that I was more of a Universalist, she told The Telegraph.

I see that there are these unifying tenets between so many religions and I'm really interested in those things that are more far-reaching than culture, nationality, race or religion.

Despite her own ambiguity, Watson joined those who are looking forward to the debate Noah will stimulate, saying: I think it's amazing to make a film that celebrates faith and that gets a conversation going, because it's such an important subject.

We Didn't Speak To Each Other For A Couple Of Days”: Emma Watson Was Furious With Daniel Radcliffe After His Insulting Statement During A Heated Argument

Although it doesn't open in the US until 28 March, Noah has already faced a significant amount of controversy. Many in the faith community have been particularly sceptical about the way in which the plot will retain biblical accuracy, while the film has been banned in several Muslim countries for its depiction of the titular character, who is also a prophet in the Koran.

Some Christians contend, however, that believers should welcome the opportunity to discuss their faith and use Noah as a springboard to share the Gospel.

Emma

Jonathan Snowden, biblical adviser for the film, believes it will be valuable in opening up reflections on the biblical narrative, mercy, faith and intimacy with God. We can have fun, spirited debates of how you'd do it differently if you had $125 million to make your version of Noah's ark, but let's focus on the opportunity for now, he says in an article for the Christian Post.

Hd Wallpaper: Adventure, Drama, Emma, Film, Movie, Noah, Religion, Watson

Paramount Studios, which is keen to encourage a core Christian audience to support the movie, has responded to criticism by issuing a disclaimer to its marketing materials which states that the story remains true to the essence, values and integrity of Scripture, while taking some artistic license.Darren does these very dark, very intense, very gritty, very real films, the Harry Potter actress explained. And then Noah is kind of — you see this guy with the long beard and there's the animals. ... You can't really picture it.

I think it's a really original take on a genre, on a story, on an idea, noted Watson, who portrays Noah's adopted daughter Ila.

Nearing the end of a recent day of interviews promoting Noah, Watson, in a Stella McCartney dress covered with red hearts, discussed the movie with The Associated Press, as well as her spirituality and the trick to surviving child stardom.

Prompthunt: Portrait Of Emma Watson As A Sexy Sultry Nun, Catholic, Church, Religion, Intricate, Headshot, Highly Detailed, Digital Painting, Artstation, Concept Art, Sharp Focus, Cinematic Lighting, Illustration, Art By Artgerm And Greg

AP: You followed the Potter films with a string of indies. What was it like to have Noah put you back in big-budget territory?

Emma

Watson: I think there's value in these bigger-scale projects because, obviously, they have this incredible scope. ... But then it's so lovely to work on a more intimate scale and do those kinds of films as well.

Watson: I already had the sense that I was someone who was more spiritual than specifically religious. ... I'm really interested in those things that are more far-reaching than culture, nationality, race, religion.

Harry Potter Star Emma Watson 'splits' From Philip Green's Son After 18 Months

Watson: If we had gone with exactly the original story, Noah doesn't say anything until he steps off the ark. You would have been watching a silent film. None of the women are really spoken about in the biblical story. There wouldn't of been any women in it. He had to adapt it for the screen.

Watson: I will be having a hell of a party. It will just be a relief, I think, because I've been really juggling so much and it will just be really nice to be able to focus on just one thing but I think I'll miss it, too.

AP: You've made the transition from child star to adult actress look easy, and we know it can be challenging. How'd you do it?

Emma

Emma Watson: Emma Watson:

Watson: You know, it can be a very corrupt environment and situation for a young person and I'm just so thankful that I have people around me who have really held my hand.

Watson: Everyone from my publicist through the person who does my hair and makeup, from my brothers through to my friends to my professors who helped support me through my education. I mean there's a huge group of people that just helped me so much. Yeah. I'm a very, very, very lucky girl.